- Presenting the 1031 process in an easy to understand format.
- Offering replacement properties and analyzing their differences, advantages and disadvantages.
- Assisting the Exchanger, given the risk tolerance and financial requirements, in determining which properties are most appropriate.
- A referral network of experts for resolutions to complicated exchange challenges.
- Devising a successful identification strategy to ensure completion of the exchange.
My forte is to strategize identifications and provide replacement properties so my clients succeed in deferring all applicable taxes by completing their 1031 exchanges. Through understanding my clients’ goals and concerns I provide them with suitable replacement properties. Through my assembled team of experts their exchange problems are resolved. Most of all I care about my clients and keeping profits in their pockets and out of Uncle Sam’s.- Marilee A. Hill
Clients should keep in mind the following possible risks:
- Potential for property value loss.
- Possible change in tax status.
- Potential for lack of disclosure.
- Potential reduction or elimination of monthly cash flow distributions.
- Adverse impact of fees and expenses.
- Loss of management control.
Our tax situation was both complex and difficult. A real professional, truly knowledgeable, was necessary to guide us throught the maze. We are extremely pleased that we met, employed and worked with Marilee Hill. All of our problems were solved, and the results were way beyond our expectations. G. Raymond and Martha Ellen Bodie
Note: The testimonials above may not be representative of the experience of other clients. Past performance does not guarantee or indicate the likelihood of future results.
Our partnership had developed a shopping center in the mid-80s, and in 2002 it was opportune for us to sell. But a straight sale would have meant a tax not only on our gained value, but also on the accrued depreciation -- and that would have left next to nothing after taxes. So we knew a 1031 exchange was for us.
Marilee Hill knows the exchange process in detail. And she is constantly in touch with firms offering investment-grade properties specifically structured for exchanges. We ended up with a diversified portfolio, as part-owners of four solid, well-managed income producers: an office park, apartments, a net-leased office building, and another shopping center. And the capital gains tax? Indefinitely deferred.Jay Silberman